As users are getting highly impatient for the release of iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak for all devices, pod2g has posted “5.1.x untethered jailbreak FAQ” which includes important queries with answers related to the untethered jailbreak.
However, most of the questions we have already covered in our earlier updates, like the ETA and compatible devices for the untethered iOS 5.1.1 jailbreak. It is briefly here recollected and summarized by pod2g along with the cause of the delay in the untethered jailbreak public release. You can check the complete FAQ list below.
Here are some answers :
- The poll about releasing now or waiting for 6.0 ended with a 64% / 33% to release ASAP. Where is the link ? ETA ? How much % done ? etc. As I said earlier in twitter, there’s still a lot to do to have a user friendly and well tested tool to install the jailbreak on end users devices. Expect a release in a couple of weeks.
- Will it be compatible with my <any random iOS device> ? It will be compatible with any device running iOS 5.1.1 except ATV3 (right now, may change in a near future, nobody knows). Yeah, I said _any_ , which means yeah <your iOS device>.
- Why is it so slow to release now that the iPad 3,1 has been demoed ? There are 16 different devices out there to work on and to test. It takes time.
- May I be a beta tester ? No, sorry. Only really trusted people (that can be counted on one hand) could have access to the jailbreak. I don’t want any leak to happen.
- What if I offer you 1,000,000$ ? That doesn’t change a thing.
Be patient, it’s gonna happen.
[IMP Update 1]: Pod2g has confirmed that untethered jailbreak will not be supporting iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 3G
If still you have some more queries regarding the jailbreak, you can let us know in the comments below, we will definitely help you out. Stay tuned for more updates.