Apple has just pushed the iOS 5.1.1(build number 9B206) firmware update for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. iOS 5.1.1 includes improvements and bug fixes over previous release. Download for iOS 5.1.1 is available in iTunes and is compatible with iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 2, iPad 3 (new iPad), iPad, iPod touch 4G and 3G.
Those users who reply on jailbreak, it is recommended to be beware and not to update the firmware update as it highly possible it the jailbreak for iOS 5.1 will not be working with iOS 5.1.1.
iOS 5.1.1 firmware changelog:
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
- Fixes an issue where ‘Unable to purchase’ alert could be displayed after successful purchase
Alternately, you can download iOs 5.1.1 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch from the link below according to your device.
iOS 5.1.1 Download Direct Links
iOS 5.1.1 direct download links below (build number 9B206).
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4 GSM
- iPhone 4 CDMA
- iPhone 4S
- iPad 2 (also iPad 2 AT&T and iPad 2 Verizon)
- iPod touch 3rd gen
- iPod touch 4th gen
- iPad 2,4
- iPad (3rd gen)
- iPad 3,2 (AT&T)
- iPad 3,3 (Verizon)