A new hand on video of purported iPhone 5 Outer frame/Middle Plate has been traced by Cydiablog, which was originally posted eTradeSupply (part supplier company). The video shows the backplate of the iPhone 5 from different prospects and confirms it to be quite different from the iPhone 4S.
The parts resemble the schematic image leaked of iPhone 5 design. The clip highlights the comparison between the allegedly new part and the chassis and back glass of the current iPhone 4S. Below are the main changes noted in the iPhone 5 backplate in the video:
- The next gen width will be same as the current 4 and 4S models
- The next gen iPhone will be taller than iPhone 4S (now 4 inch diagonally)
- Earphone jack has been moved from top to the bottom of the iPhone 5
- Apple has redesigned the dock connector which is smaller in size
- SIM card tray is different in size – a smaller one. So, expect a smaller SIM card tray.
- The upcoming iPhone will be much thinner. The exact dimensions are unknown, however.
- The leaked part is neither a battery door nor a middle plate. It is a single integrated part! The iPhone 5 back plate is one piece anchored by an aluminum alloy. Major design changes in the upcoming iPhone.
- Enhanced speaker grills. If you carefully examine the video, you’ll notice an extra space at the bottom – may be to enhance the speaker’s quality.
With nearly all details on the backplate and as the time comes closer, it is expected that the picture of the iPhone 5 will be much clear in coming few days. So, for more updates on iPhone 5 stay tuned with us on @Jailbreakwire, and Facebook Fanpage.