Musclenerd from iPhone Dev Team has just released Redsn0w 0.9.9b9 iOS 5.0.1 jailbreak for both windows and Mac. Along with tethered jailbreak the latest iOS 5.0.1 support, Redsn0w 0.9.9b9 includes fix for iBooks, and capability to create custom IPSWs without blobs ultrasn0w compatibility for iPhone 3GS old bootrom.
Redsn0w 0.9.9b9 now extends functions like “Jailbreak”, “Just boot”, “Fetch blobs”, “Stitch blobs”, “Recovery Fix” and t already tethered jailbroken your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch on iOS 5.0, 5.0.1 or betas using redsn0w they can now tap “Just Boot” option and does not require to repeat complete process again. Here are the features added in Redsn0w 0.9.9b9:
- native support for 5.0.1 (no need to point redsn0w at 5.0 IPSW or use command-line args). Support automatically extends to all of redsn0w’s various functions: “Jailbreak”, “Just boot”, “Fetch blobs”, “Stitch blobs”, “Recovery Fix”
- iBooks fixed in 5.0 and 5.0.1. This is a targeted fix that doesn’t remove entire sandbox mechanism. 5.x users already using redsn0w “Just Boot” can just use the new version without redoing entire jailbreak again
- 3GS old-bootrom owners can now create custom IPSWs without blobs
- ultrasn0w compatability update (i.e. same baseband requirements) for 5.0.1 will be available on Cydia Monday
- support for newer 8GB iPhone4 (which until now had problems with “Fetch blobs”). Thanks to @JKjeepnJeff for loaning us one of these newer i4 units for testing!
- allows Windows users (not just OS X users) to use the “Custom” button to create IPSWs without baseband updates. (Update: please wait for 0.9.9b9b for this!)
- accommodates APTickets in 5.x (until next Apple countermove). APTickets are crypto-verified before submitting to Cydia, just like the main blobs. Cydia server support for sending back the APTickets is upcoming. For now, use stitched IPSWs for 5.x. Due to APTickets, stitched 5.x IPSWs now require user to start in “Pwned DFU” mode
- Support added for stitching 4.x blobs to iPad2-GSM IPSWs. Similar to @notcom’s TinyCFW but doesn’t require lots of RAM or a TSS-assisted restore. Won’t work for iPad2 5.x blobs (or iPhone4S at all) until a bootrom-level exploit is out
- top line now shows whether (and where) a redsn0w update is available, or if the version being run is the latest. Uses DNS TXT record to alleviate any concerns about snooping
- no 5.1 beta support at this time (major apps like Cydia are not yet compatible)
- Owners of newer 3GS iPhones must not flash the iPad baseband. The iPad baseband will not work on 3GS iPhones built later than 2011 week 35. You have a week 35 or later device if your serial # starts with xx135.
Though Redsn0w 0.9.9b9 continuous to be tethered jailbreak like its previous versions but as we already updated Pod2g is already completed iOS 5 untethered jailbreak for all A-4 devcies and he is working on iPhone 4S and iPad 2. If not A-5 devcies, it is definite that Pod2g soon will release the untethered jailbreak for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad, iPod touch 4G and Apple TV.